The chat is divided into channels, and you decide which ones to display. All channels you have permission to view are active by default. Check which channels you are currently in with the command
/ch list. Leave the channels you do not wish to participate in with
/ch leave. To write in a specific channel, for example town chat, run
/ch join town. The default write channel is global. Stick to English when writing in global chat so everyone can understand.
Send a private message with
/msg. Quickly reply to last private message with
/r. Send mail to offline players with
Sometimes a single player ruins chat. Instead of leaving the channel, you can ignore the individual player with
/ignore. All messages from the ignored player will be hidden until you
The chat format in the global chat is as follows:
[townname│nationname] playername: message
Some players have prefixes displayed before the format shown above. The available prefixes are:
- + - Plus prefix is the legacy donator rank. These awesome veterans helped fund the server's early days.
- Dev - Server plugin developer.
- Helper - Nice players who know a lot about the server. Ask them if you have any questions about the server.
- Mod - Mods manage the game, help players, and enforce server rules.
- Admin - Server admins manage the back-end infrastructure and are responsible for the server as a whole.
Nation kings have a K prefix before their name.
Players with premium have pink square brackets and golden usernames.